Saturday, June 20, 2009

The BIG Party

Last night we had Joey's 3rd birthday party. We had a great time. We invited my family and Rich's family plus a handful of friends. The theme of the party needs to be explained. Joey said he wanted a "fishing" party. The park with a pond we were going to reserve is booked through June. We decided we would try and do it here but I could find absolutly no fishing decorations. All I cood find was ocean stuff. I bought the ocean stuff and decided to call it "deep sea fishing." Joey approved. I am bummed because I didn't get any good pics of the decorations but looking at the other pictures you can see some of the decorations.

We had a great dinner. My mom cooked home made chilie and we cooked hot dogs on the grill and put out Fritos. People had chilie dogs or frito pie. I also made homemade rootbeer (if you want the recipe let me know). We also let the kids beat up a pinata!


"Hit it Joey hit it!"




I made the cake. Bottom tier was cherry coloda and top tier was key lime pie. YUMMO! Of course, like always I made way too much.


Being shy while being sang to




I called it, the artsy fartsy mosaic fish cake









As we were cutting and serving cake Joey and all the kids decided they wanted to open presents. I ran over to try and stop it from happening just yet but to no avail. I gave in and tried to snap some good pics but it was impossible. There were too many little kids crowded around and the sun was starting to set so there are some serious shadows. All that matters is that Joey had a great time!







Thanks to all that came! We love you and appreciate you!


Kamryn


Jayci


Ethan
Kyi
Quincy




The family

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures! Thanks again, that party ROCK-ED!

    ReplyDelete